Most people think the only way to change the world is to do something BIG! End world hunger, solve the national debt, bring world peace, discover the cure for cancer, build the largest church in town!
No doubt this list and many other BIG accomplishments would help to change our world for the better but the possibility for me and most of you to attain such is slim to nothing!
I seriously doubt that most of us will become the next Supreme Court Justice or invent the next world changing invention, let alone discover the cure for aids or cancer.
But each of us can still change the world each and every day if we decide to. Buying into the modern power of positive thinking mold can keep the normal person from believing that they can have a person role in being a "World Changer." The thought that we can do anything our minds can conceive is not biblical. And if we choose to think like that it will lead us to much discouragement and despair. We hear stories about great leaders and scientific discoverer's. We are told we can be anything we put our minds to. That just is not truth! Yes, we as Christ followers can many things that would seem impossible as we live in the power of our Lord. But to do anything we will, NO an thousand times. We can do whatever our Lord wills. We can accomplish all that our Lord desires for us and to be consumed on doing and being BIG is not the goal that we should investing life for!
Make no mistake that God has plans for some of His creation to introduce BIG solutions for health, government, economics, technology, education, and so forth. But he also has daily plans for each and every person to be "World Changers" in normal and practical ways !
Sincerely, we don't need more people believing they are to rise above others to be " World Changers." We have seen through history what that usually produces in the lives of those who dream such dreams. Often they only become lord's over people and the result hindering people not helping people. They seem to help at first only to hurt in the long haul. This election year is a clear illustration of such! We need more chiefs who continue to remember they are common citizens! Those who work hard, are honest, treat and speak of others with respect. Not people who believe they are to rise above others and take charge. In reality the common person will change their world to deeper depths and broader boarders in day by day actions.
HOW CAN I MAKE MY WORLD A BETTER PLACE --- EVERY DAY?
1. Show kindness and respect toward every person - daily! (Ephesians 4:32)
2. Refuse taking offense at small and large insults or hurts- daily! (Matthew 11:6 )
3. Speak positively to people who can do nothing for you, including children & elderly- daily! (Proverbs 18:21)
4. Smile at everyone you meet- daily! (Proverbs 15:30)
5. Take greater delight in doing things for others than for yourself-daily! (Romans 14:7)
6. Work hard with a positive attitude - daily! (Ephesians 4:28)
7. Refrain from speaking in negative ways about others - daily! (Ephesians 4:29)
8. Trust people until they prove you wrong - daily! ( 1st Corinthians 13:5)
9. Forgive people when they break your trust & begin to rebuild trust- daily! (Ephesians 4:32)
10. Make others feel comfortable in your presence - daily! ( 1st Corinthians 1:3-5)
11. Pray with people for their needs- daily! (James 5:16)
12. Be patient and long suffering with others- daily! (Ephesians 4:2)
13. Bring joy to every situation by rejoicing - daily! ( Philippians 4:4)
14. Relieve the pressures of life by lightening up and sharing a laugh with someone - daily! ( Proverbs 17:22)
14. Share the Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ - daily! ( Mark 16:15)
As we incorporate these simple but profound acts we will see it isn’t the big things that make the world more livable in spite of its cursed conditions. It’s the little ones, and we can do them each and every day in every sitting. These actions will change our homes, work places, schools, communities, churches, our entire world.