I think each of us would agree that some of the most meaningful times of our life was when we received some personal encouragement. As I reflect over my years of life I can still remember many occasions where someone was used to encourage me in life and ministry. And that encouraging word or act made a major impact upon my present position in life and my future. I am sure each of you can testify to the same.
So, we need to ask ourselves who have we intentionally encouraged lately? And who do we need to appreciate more purposely because they have encouraged us so profoundly? If you want to make a difference in lives, be a purposeful encourager.
Parents, friends, pastors, teachers, small group leaders, prayer group leaders, etc. have a particular responsibility to consistently look for ways to encourage others.
Here is a quick list of 20 ideas for encouragement.
1. Share a applicable Bible verse with someone!
2. Extend a hearty handshake or an appropriate hug!
3. Avail yourself to be with someone personally!
4. Be willing to talk and listen!
5. Speak kindly, tenderly and lovingly!
6. Take out for coffee or a soda!
7. Visit them at there home or invite them to yours!
8. Send them a card, text, message or email!
9. Pray for them & let them know!
10. Better yet pray with them!
11. Give them a timely phone call!
12. Give them a small gift, it will mean the world.
13. Write them a handwritten note!
14. Post your appreciation & friendship on Facebook!
15. Tell them something you really respect them for!
16. Let them know you plan to be a long term friend!
17. Share humor and let them laugh with you!
18. A smile is always an encouragement!
19. Look for times to say great job today!
20. Tell other to encourage those who need it!
There are unnumbered ways to encourage. The main thing is that we begin to do it as soon as possible. Find someone each day who needs encouraged and get at it