THE GOSPEL TO ALL PEOPLE AND ALL GENERATIONS
I received a wonderful message from a mother yesterday. She shared how her 9 year old daughter came to her after church this past Sunday evening. We had just preached a message on the Blood and Bread of Christ and had received the Lords Table. After hearing the message and seeing the testimony of God’s people declaring what they believed this precious child had tears in her eyes and asked her mother if she could be saved. Her mother shared with her the Roman Road plan of salvation that was shared with her by Judy Frank many years ago at one of our Children's Camps when this mother herself was saved. Her mother rode our buses to church as a child. After hearing the plan of salvation and repeating it back to her mother as she wanted to prove that she understood the gospel. Her daughter repented of her sinfulness and received Jesus into her life being saved by grace through faith at around 10:30pm on Sunday and now is asking to be baptized as she wants to obey and follow her Lord!
Some Lessons and Questions
1. The cross, the gospel, the blood of Jesus is the power unto salvation.
2. Thank God the church doors were open, and there were those who sought to be in attendance particularly this young mother with her children. Even on a Sunday evening! Our schedules are so busy with so many options. We must remember the importance of assembly. eternity is at stake!
3. Rejoicing that the gospel was proclaimed before Judy's generation, to Judy’s generation, to this mothers generation and her child's generation.
4. What are you doing to share the gospel?
5. What priorities are you leading your children into?
6. Encouragements to those who reach out with the gospel. Bus Workers, Sunday school teachers, awana workers, junior church workers, personal soul winners, parents, friends and so many more. Please remain faithful to sharing the Gospel, it is the solution to all the problems in this world.
7. If you are not actively sharing the gospel will you decide today to begin doing so?
8. We must remember it takes child like faith to be saved!
9. Praise to the Lord who loves children, adults, seniors, male, female, rich, poor, all races, all nationalities. He loves all the world! And He is mighty to save.
10. The Lord God uses the preaching of the Word of God. It is the power unto salvation!
" For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but to us that are saved it is the power of God" 1st Corinthians 1:18
Break The Stranglehold of Fear & Worry!
There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1st John 4:18
We all know what it’s like to be strangled by worry and fear. Fear teams up with its good friend, worry. More often than less these two work together in an attempt to bring misery to our lives. Fear brings worry or worry brings fear, troubling our minds with thoughts and tying our stomach with knots. The result is paralysis of our faith.
Fact is, modern medical research has proved that worry can actually cause physical sickness. It can break down your resistance to disease. It also can affect our nervous and digestive systems. Research also tells us these two partners can cause heart issues and disease. Worry and Fear is at root for emotional and mental sickness as well, and of course they affect our spiritual health. Excessive worry can really mess up your life.
We all know what it is like to have fear concerning some things. Fears concerning our marriage, children, finances, health, friendships and even our security of salvation. Far too often we are fearful of the wrong things in life. At the same time, we are not afraid of the right things in life--particularly our fearing the Lord. We don’t fear God like we should. Yet the Bible tells us the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
To fear God doesn’t mean trembling in terror 24 hours a day before Him. Rather, the proper fear of God is reverencing Him. It is respecting God for who He is and trusting Him in all our decisions and actions. When we fear the Lord correctly we will fear displeasing Him more than fearing anyone or anything else. When we sin, it is not the fear of what God will do to us. Rather, it’s the fear of what we have done to Him and it is that fear that will help us practice holiness before Him.
The life changing truth is that when we fear God we will fear nothing else and no one else. On the other hand, if you don’t fear God, you fear everything and everyone.
Jesus said- “Fear not I am with thee I will never leave thee nor forsake thee”. We must remember He has told us over and over again to not be afraid. Why- because He is with us. He is our light, He is our salvation, our strength. He is our life. With that in mind whom should we fear?
If you are filled with fear and worry resist them by asking the Lord to rebuke them. Bow your knees right now and ask Him to give you strength for life and faith to replace fear and worry.
Terry has been the Senior Pastor of Liberty for 30 years. He and his wife, Karen, have 4 children, 11 grandchildren, and 1 spoiled dog named Cooper.