THE GOSPEL TO ALL PEOPLE AND ALL GENERATIONS
I received a wonderful message from a mother yesterday. She shared how her 9 year old daughter came to her after church this past Sunday evening. We had just preached a message on the Blood and Bread of Christ and had received the Lords Table. After hearing the message and seeing the testimony of God’s people declaring what they believed this precious child had tears in her eyes and asked her mother if she could be saved. Her mother shared with her the Roman Road plan of salvation that was shared with her by Judy Frank many years ago at one of our Children's Camps when this mother herself was saved. Her mother rode our buses to church as a child. After hearing the plan of salvation and repeating it back to her mother as she wanted to prove that she understood the gospel. Her daughter repented of her sinfulness and received Jesus into her life being saved by grace through faith at around 10:30pm on Sunday and now is asking to be baptized as she wants to obey and follow her Lord!
Some Lessons and Questions
1. The cross, the gospel, the blood of Jesus is the power unto salvation.
2. Thank God the church doors were open, and there were those who sought to be in attendance particularly this young mother with her children. Even on a Sunday evening! Our schedules are so busy with so many options. We must remember the importance of assembly. eternity is at stake!
3. Rejoicing that the gospel was proclaimed before Judy's generation, to Judy’s generation, to this mothers generation and her child's generation.
4. What are you doing to share the gospel?
5. What priorities are you leading your children into?
6. Encouragements to those who reach out with the gospel. Bus Workers, Sunday school teachers, awana workers, junior church workers, personal soul winners, parents, friends and so many more. Please remain faithful to sharing the Gospel, it is the solution to all the problems in this world.
7. If you are not actively sharing the gospel will you decide today to begin doing so?
8. We must remember it takes child like faith to be saved!
9. Praise to the Lord who loves children, adults, seniors, male, female, rich, poor, all races, all nationalities. He loves all the world! And He is mighty to save.
10. The Lord God uses the preaching of the Word of God. It is the power unto salvation!
" For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but to us that are saved it is the power of God" 1st Corinthians 1:18
Terry has been the Senior Pastor of Liberty for 30 years. He and his wife, Karen, have 4 children, 11 grandchildren, and 1 spoiled dog named Cooper.